~



Friday, June 17, 2011

a night of power

Tonight
is a night of power.
Tonight I feel that familiar torrent
like a forgotten mountain behind mist
like the tectonic tremble of the earth
before she spews forth her fire.
Tonight, my blood boils in seething calm
my resolve, the flight of a falcon
an extended talon, the curl of razor beak.
Tonight is a night of power
and I have been made to feel this way
and there is no reason to ignore this flame.
Where I'm going, I will need
everyone I've ever been
where I'm going, I will need
everything I am capable of.
So come out from your long sleep!
Revel in this night of power!
Remember your oaths on this night.
Remember your shaking fingers
against this flood within your chest.
For what is your gentleness without severity?

2 comments:

  1. you my friend are incredible, masha'Allah.
    I shall use this poem, and the ''why I write'' one as my motivators for finals.
    You have no idea how much of an impact you've made on a lot of people, including myself.
    Go on my brother, keep being humble and gentle.
    It's a gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Sarah. I am grateful to you and your words.
    Any good you see is a reflection of your own. Persian proverb

    ReplyDelete